Thursday, September 11, 2008

A plate full of yack!

I remind myself that I must listen to my children and get tuned in with what they tell me. EE had a great evening last night. He ate dinner and then went to bed with no fever. I knew I wouldn't send him to school. The rules state that your child must be fever free for 24 hours. He ate breakfast fine and played outside for a little while. Then mid-morning he spiked another fever, as high as 102.8. At lunch time he said he was hungry so I warmed up some pizza, gave him chocolate milk and he asked for a banana with a little bit of peanut butter. He took a few bites of banana and drank his milk. I requested he take just a few bites more of peanut butter, he needs some protein. All of the sudden I see him choke up. Before I could ask him if he was going to throw up I see it coming. I reach over and pull his head down on his lunch plate. Not so appetizing for me.

If he continues to run a fever I will call the doc. in the morning. It will be 6 days tomorrow. This brings back memories from last year around the same time. He was in the hospital for a week because he was running a fever and he had pain in his lower abdomen. He had every test you could imagine while he was in the hospital. All test came back negative or clear. I remember one of the docs telling me that you always don't get answers to the cause of pain. She told me when she was young that she was hospitalized several times with no diagnosis. I did not like that explanation but we didn't have any choice to accept it. At least this go around he doesn't have excruciating pain.

No comments: