Thursday, September 4, 2008

Baby is still sick but I need a break

The baby was looking so bad yesterday that I ended up taking him back to see the Doc. (actually a nurse practitioner). She really didn't like the way he looked or sounded. He is wheezing which was not determined the day prior when I had him checked. She prescribed an antibiotic to hopefully prevent pneumonia. We will also continue his breathing treatments and have him checked in a week.

I took my scripts the Doc wrote me the other day with the medications I have been administering to the baby. All last winter, I used the same script from our old Doc. in NC. One of the meds I have been giving him is an adult dosage. I am a little concerned about why I would have been prescribed this dosage. It could have been a mistake or intentional. I don't know but I will talk to his current Doc about it next week.

The baby once again kicked Dad out of bed so that he could sleep with me. He slept fairly well, but every once in a while he would want to climb back up on me to go back to sleep. I am hoping the baby will sleep in his own bed for the night, he really needs a good night sleep as do I.

Now to my break. I called my babysitter yesterday to see if she could come sit while I get away for a while. You have to remember the baby has literally been on me or carried by me for the last 3 days. I really just needed a few hours to call my own. It worked out and I had 3 whole hours to myself. I missed being in the gym so I went to my barbell workout class and then I went to Target. How nice was it to stroll the aisles not having to entertain someone in the cart. It was heaven and what I needed. The baby even ended up going down for a nap in the afternoon for 2 1/2 hours.

Hopefully, back to a somewhat normal house tomorrow.

No comments: