Thursday, October 9, 2008

Read instructions carefully


I am usually pretty good about reading instructions and following them or maybe not. I tend to like my husband to read instructions and then explain it to me. My husband spent almost 2 hours with our Mobile phone company last night due to what I believe was something I had a small part in.

Let me digress a little and start from the beginning. We have a 2 year contract on our mobile phones and it was up in July. I believe you remember me telling you about how my husband would go on-line and look for new phones but would never order them. He finally did order them and we received them sometime in August. He sent me an email with information regarding the rebate associated with the phones and how to return the old phones for a credit. This is where it gets a little tricky. I thought they were one in the same. I completed the rebate form, stuck the phones in a box and mailed it all into this company. Luckily, I sent it with a confirmation receipt. It was received by this company on September 8th.

Two nights ago my husband kept hearing his phone vibrate as he received many text messages. Then last night on his way home from work he received another text message that a charge was accepted and he now has access to a certain site. We do not use our phones for Internet access and this made my husband think something was wrong. He immediately called the mobile phone company and spoke to several people there. They claimed that it was my husband who has been using his phone for Internet service. My husband denied ever getting on the Internet on his phone. No one believed that he was telling the truth. hey went through some of the charges with him. One was 60 hot models. The representative suggested that maybe his wife, that would be me, was on his phone. My husband assured him that I would not have requested access to 60 hot models and I would not have had the ability to get on his phone. Interestingly enough, the charges started September 8th (this was the day the phones were received by the company).

After 2 or so hours he finally got the company to credit our account $195. That is right this person continually used the phone over and over. The last charge was maybe just a day or so ago. Then my husband proceeded to change his number. There was no other way these charges could have happened other than someone taking the phones we mailed in and using them. I learned a few lessons here. First, read all the instructions carefully and then follow them. And if you do mess up call the company and try to get it rectified ASAP.

No comments: