Wednesday, October 22, 2008

It can only get better right?

Since we don't have to leave for the baby's My Gym class until 10 on Wednesdays, I usually take some time to get caught up on cleaning the house and starting laundry. We made a trip to the store with the bulls eye design, which so happens to be one of my favorite places, this past weekend. I purchased a large bottle of laundry detergent to replace the almost gone one in our cabinet. I bought the one that has a cap at one end and a dispense on the other. At present time there is no room to put the new one until the old one is all gone. The detergent got placed on top of our washer. Do you see where this is going yet? I started the load of laundry in our front load washer. I was standing in the kitchen (very lucky) as the spin cycle started. All of the sudden I hear a thud, look and see that cap of the detergent broke off and detergent was going all over the floor. I felt like I was moving in slow motion but I ran over there and picked it up. Clean up started and everywhere I looked I saw splashes of detergent. It was all over the wall, door and even landed on my kitchen counter. As I was sitting here a moment ago I noticed I had something sticky in my hair, you guessed it, detergent. I think I will be seeing blue drip marks for a long while. So although there is a nice aroma in my house right now don't' be tricked that it is actually clean.

Speaking of clean, last week I called my house cleaner and told her that we were cutting expenses and this was one of the first things to go. I felt so bad and she asked me if they did anything that I didn't like. She did a really nice job cleaning. But I have heard from several people that I am paying way too much. So I will have my neighbor's cleaning person come on Friday to give me a quote.

No comments: