Wednesday, October 8, 2008

More on neighbors

I have been looking at my screen for a while now thinking that I am in a really foul mood. It is probably not the best time to blog. Also, just can't figure out what to write about. I was thinking about writing of birthday parties when you have twins and all other types of parties. But I think I will write about that tomorrow.

When all else fails, talk about the neighbors. There is a family that moved into our neighborhood at the end of summer. They actually purchased the house at the beginning of summer but didn't move in until the end of summer. They have plans to do some remodeling and they thought about doing all of it before moving in. Then sometime in August it hit them that their child would start Kindergarten not knowing any of the kids in the neighborhood. So they used a truck to bring over the beds and some other essentials. I guess you are wondering where they are moving them from? They still own their other home. They have made it very clear that they don't need to sell that home. So they have two homes with some of their belongings in both homes. Must be nice that they can afford two homes in this economy.

In the last week, the Mom has really tried to make a connection with me and others. She will bring her kids over when mine are in front playing with friends. I have been the one that has been out and therefore the one that has to make conversation with her. I don't have a lot in common with her, other than the fact that we each have 3 children. The more I talk with her the more I realize that her and I are total opposites. She is the more relaxed, anything goes, go with the flow type. I stress the importance of schedules, doing homework after school (before playing) and being organized.

It is really not my nature to be mean to others. And in another few weeks it will probably be too cold for me to be outside much anyway. I will just see her at the bus stop. So I guess I will play nice for now.

No comments: