Thursday, October 16, 2008

Golden shoe race

Each year the school holds a Golden shoe race. The race is done by grade level. First Grade ran 1/2 mile. The higher grades run at least a mile. I am not sure how the scores are calculated, but I believe that the class who had all of the students come in before any other wins the golden shoe. Neither EE or Jay's class won. However, Jay was the 3rd runner in and EE was the 7th. WOO-HOO! Jay has talked all week about wanting to win that Golden shoe. It was a fun event. Of course, I forgot my camera.

On another school note, I received a note from the school yesterday stating that there was a fire in the 5th grade bathroom. The fire was contained and put out by the teachers and the parents of those responsible were contacted. I surely would not have expected something like this to happen in Elementary school.

Lastly, my co-room Mom came up to me today and told me that I had such sweet boys. Last year she was room Mom for EE's class and this year we are sharing the duties for Jay's class. She chaperoned the trip to the Aquarium this past week and had Jay in her group. She could not stop saying nice things about both of them. It is nice to hear that other people think you children are well behaved. It is also nice to know that they behave and are respectful with other adults.

No comments: