Thursday, October 2, 2008

The Break-up

No worries here, the family is doing great. This is an easier break-up of sorts but still hard to do. Easier due to the fact that we will have no future dealings together, although our paths may cross every once in a while. I have to break up with my cleaning lady. Oh, how I dislike the break-up. She does an ok job but it is time.

There are a few reasons on why we will lose the cleaning lady. I feel like I overpay for the space she cleans. She only cleans the top floor and the basement. We make sure all is picked up the night before. She doesn't have much to move around when she cleans. My neighbors pay less for 2 levels in their house. She lost the lady that worked with her (she cleaned really well.) My husband doesn't think that she does a great job every time. Lastly, the people who recommended her to us have stopped using her. Apparently, she doesn't treat her co-worker too well. She dropped her off to clean a house in the morning and had to wait about 4 hours to be picked up. There are also more issues with her.

She did show up a little last this morning and her husband was the one who helped her clean today. They were not here when I got back home from the gym. I have about a week to let her know that she doesn't need to come back. My reason will be is that we are cutting back our expenses which is true but not the only reason we have to let her go. I really don't like having to do this.....but got to.

I will try my neighbors cleaning person. She has a group of 4 ladies and they are in and out in a matter of an hour or an hour and a half. Truth is that I really need some help cleaning the house. I could do it but the house would never be clean all at once and I would spend the entire week and part of the weekend getting it all done.

************************************************************************************
Today is a fall day here in the north east (actually maybe a little chillier). I think before long we will be in the midst of winter.

No comments: