Monday, July 21, 2008

Not what I planned

I have been trying to upload video of George but just realized it is larger than the size allowed. I will get more footage of the boys/animals but make sure it stays under 2 minutes so that I can actually upload.

EE and Jay started basketball camp yesterday from 9 to noon. They had a good time but I am a little puzzled by what they actually do at camp. They have 45 minutes allotted for reading a book. If you know me, reading is a good thing but this is basketball camp. I do understand that some of the kids are there all day long where as mine only do part of the day. Today EE said he did not get to play basketball at all because I showed up to pick him up. Well, the point of me sending him to basketball camp was for them to actually play basketball and have some fun. I am hoping tomorrow goes better and that I don't have to talk to anyone about the camp.

It doesn't end there today. I took my SUV to the dealership around here about a month ago to get an oil change. They came back with a list of repairs my car needed. On that list, a note to change the serpentine belt (it was dry rotted) and they also quoted to change the timing belt but it was not time for that yet. I declined the work. This is a job for Tony. He did research and noticed they were charging high prices to do some of the repairs. Our normal repair shop in NC referred us to a repair shop up here. We decided to give them a shot. When Tony picked up the car from being serviced they questioned why we wanted to get the serpentine belt replaced. Good question dealership, one that we will certainly ask in the form of a letter to the corporate offices. This is not the first issue we have had with the dealership.

When we moved here, we, of course, had to get our cars inspected. Tony called the dealership to schedule an oil change and inspection. Tony shows up on said day, which happened to be a Saturday only to be told that the inspections are done every other Saturday and this was not one of them. Tony was very upset and left the dealership and immediately emailed them to let them know of his dissatisfaction. This was never addressed. We will no longer have any dealings with the dealership.

My second rant is about Tony's ex-employer. I am sure you remember the story about the letter we received regarding an overpayment of wages? If not read here. We noticed a charge to our bank account this week for those wages. I can not believe that it is legal for them to touch our account. We are still doing research on this one.

I know that you would have enjoyed the video much more than my ranting today but this is what I have.

No comments: