Thursday, June 19, 2008

Rant

There are some things that I really just don't understand. The husband left a job with a big company for another job in Maryland with a big company. The ex-company was given 30 days notice. This was very nice on the husband's part. He stayed and helped finish all open projects and then with the transition. The other day I get notice in the mail from the ex-company that he was overpaid by over $800 and he would need to reimburse the company back. The husband calls the 800# on the form and they could not tell him why he owed the money. Um, if you send out a note and have a number to call don't you think you should have details regarding the matter? They refer him to payroll. He finds out that he worked through 10/26, however, his end date was not entered on the system until 10/29. Hm.....sounds like you have a problem. Did I tell you he gave 30 days notice? Is it our problem that Mr. boss didn't put in the end date until after it passed? In my opinion this is a bunch of malarkey. Will we pay the bill? Yes, probably, but I am not rushing any checks out to them. I may have to wait until I get another letter with a more urgent message on it.

No comments: