Thursday, July 24, 2008

Finally some video

As I mentioned EE and Jay have been in Basketball camp each morning this week. EE has been complaining that he does not get to play in a game because I show up to pick them up. Camp is from 9 to 12 and this is the schedule:

9:00 - 9:15 Check in
9:15 - 9:30 Morning Lecture
9:30 - 10:15 Non stop reading (kids must bring in a book)
10:15 - 10:30 Stretching
10:30 - 11:30 drills
11:30 - 12:30 Game

I spoke to the head coach this morning and explained that EE has not been able to get a lot of game time. He explained that his coaches (just young teen boys) have been told to play the half day campers first because after they leave there is still time for more game playing. He will also not do half day camps next year. I really wanted to tell him that I think the camp sucks. I had no intention of sending my kids to camp to read for 45 minutes of the 3 hours they are there. I have learned my lesson for next summer. The positive side to this is that they are enjoying the game of basketball and I will get them on a team in the winter.

****************************************************

Finally some video of Curios George. Thanks to Tony for slicing and dicing the video to make it small enough to upload.

No comments: