Thursday, July 17, 2008

Junk

"One man's trash is another man's treasure"

I am not sure who came up with the quote but I have found it to be so true recently. I am a huge Craigslist fan (www.craigslist.org). I mentioned that we will be getting some landscape done in early fall. We have/had 6 plants in the backyard that we are not going to keep or reuse. I thought it would be worth a shot to offer on Craigslist to see if I could give them away in return for the person coming to dig them out and take them away. Otherwise, we would be charged out the wazoo to have the Nursery take them out. The hubs could have dug them out but then we would be faced with how to get rid of them. Getting rid of them just did not seem very environmentally conscious. Sure enough listed them out there 1 guy/part-time gardener is taking 5 and one other person took 1.

We gave away our old patio set. When I say old I mean it was old. We had it at our first house, so it must be close to 9 years old. It was a wood table with 4 chairs and a bench. All of the bolts were loose and it needed a fresh coat of stain. I am also waiting for someone to come pick up our old grill, which was broken in our move (the movers reimbursed us for the cost). Today I sold a mirror and a fan and a few weeks ago we sold an old lawn mower. Now I need to get into storage to see what other stuff/junk we have in storage.

No comments: