Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Careful what you wish for.....

As we were driving to the outlet mall today (one of my favorite things to do here), I made a comment that the lake and rivers looked low and how rain was needed. I didn't mean for it to happen today. There was a bad thunderstorm that rolled in this afternoon for a few hours with a lot of rain. During the storm we heard many fire trucks around. The rain did let up. After dinner, we were able to ride our bikes down to Harbour Town, where the park is located and the ice cream place.

The outlet mall was very disappointing today. Before the kids started school our visits were at the end of May. Most of the summer items were way picked over and fall clothes were on the racks. My gosh I am baking in the sun and they want me to think about fall/winter. I was able to find a few things for the boys and the husband while I got two shirts for under $5 each.

The Sea Pines resort has bike trails all around, one of the many reasons we love visiting. We rented bikes to ride to the beach, to Harbour Town and around the resort. Harbour Town has a few restaurants, a lighthouse, shops (not any that you would actually buy from), the park, a pier and live entertainment. We like to hang out there. Today as we were walking down the pier, the baby in my arms, we saw dolphins in the water. It was a nice site.

The baby is still giving us sleep issues at night. Last night, he woke up at 3 am so I joined him in his bedroom. I am standing firm on not having him sleep with me, it took him about 45 or so minutes to calm down and fall back asleep. He was up at 5:30 this morning. I am not sure how he is managing with such little sleep, I am not doing so well and neither is the husband. We are a little short tempered with the other two which is not fair. Our plan tonight, put the baby in his pack and play in the room with the other two boys. It was so cute to hear Jay sing songs to the baby to settle him down. He sang "baby go to sleep" over and over. We will see how it works.

No comments: