Monday, July 7, 2008

The weekend that wasn't

It was Thursday afternoon, July 3rd, the bags were packed. We could almost smell the fresh ocean breeze. The thought of sitting out on the sandy shore was so clear in our heads. I happen to look over to J who is laying on the couch and thought I better go feel his forehead. I am not sure what triggered me to think something was wrong. It may have been that he kept telling me his stomach hurt or it may have been that he just looked a little pathetic laying on the couch. Yep, he is very warm.

My plan was to take these great pictures of us lounging on the ocean and doing other fun things but your not getting that today. We had been invited by some friends to stay at their beach house in Fenwick Island, Delaware. It is less than a 3 hour drive. Our friends have 4 kids and one of those is a baby who is about 1 month old. No way could we infect her children and especially the baby.

So here are a few pictures of what we actually did on the 4th:


J watching a little TV. We don't watch much TV in this house and being sick is a free ticket to be able to watch some shows. My kids don't like being sick but it makes it a little better since the TV will be on at least for a while.


E trying to soak in some TV time as well.


Baby T spent most of the weekend helping me shine my floors. He is starting to like to help clean up.

All in all the 4th turned out to be ok. The weather was cloudy and rainy most of the day (and it was supposed to be rainy at the beach also). It was probably good that we did not go!

The hubs got some much needed work done around the house. He installed the soap dispenser at the kitchen sink, hung a coat rack in the mudroom, installed a lock on our fence and many other odds and ends. And I was able to finally clean up my office. I actually have a desktop.

Not sure what J actually had, probably a little virus he picked up somewhere. He was much better on Saturday.

No comments: