Wednesday, July 2, 2008

What a Wednesday

I got a little break this morning. The sitter came to watch the kids. At 9 am this morning it seemed like it should be 5 in the evening. E & J were bickering non-stop all morning. Most of the time they are the best of friends and sometimes the worst of enemies. Once the sitter gets here I am sure everyone will be happy. Well, maybe not baby T (a.k.a Momma's boy) at first. He does have such a good time with her but has a very hard time saying bye to me.



The picture of the day. E, on the left, is becoming an avid reader. He finished a new Junie B. Jones book in 2 days. The husband reads a lot. A magazine is more my speed. I know that I can actually start and finish within a short period of time, that includes the interruptions. J, in the middle, was made to pose for this picture. He does like to read but I think he gets frustrated when he doesn't know a word, will not sound it out and will not come ask. Baby T was crying this morning to get up on the sofa to be just like his brothers (notice he has a book also). He wants to be able to do what his brothers do which is not good all the time. So I had to snap this picture. This picture was taken in our sun room. We spend a lot of time in this room. The boys have a table set up in the corner where they do all their coloring and crafts.

The (scary) plumbers have arrived. I have to say they have as much personality as my pinky. We have had a leak under our kitchen sink since the end of May. When I had a plumber come out to diagnose our problem he stated that our faucet needed to be replaced. The Moen we had tends to get a small leaks in the meat of the faucet, something not worth fixing. That visit only cost me a little over $100 as he did a few toilet repairs. Let me do the math for you, that would be $50 to get to the door and $50 for the first half hour. What a racket. The husband and I did our research and picked out a faucet at Home Depot. We came home and ordered it on-line and saved a lot of money, plus got free shipping. I now have finally gotten around to having a new plumber ($80 for the first half hour and $30 for each additional 15 minutes plus a $5 gas charge) to come install. No more checking and changing the towel. At least we hope that this is the problem and the leak will be no more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Moen...buy it for looks...buy it for life. When we got ready to move from Grafham, we also had a leak under our kitchen sink (that we were unaware of.) We had a Moen faucet and the jingle kept coming to my head. Before spending $200 for a new faucet for the new owenrs, I called Moen. They sent a replacement seal free of charge and voila, it was fixed. Advertising does pay sometimes! Miss you, girl, but enjoy so much keeping up in "your own space"! Amy