Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A little bit of Green

I mentioned that I would do research on how we can become a little more green. I am currently in the process of canceling all the catalogs I receive in the mail. Here are a few of them: Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, Lands' End, Lands' End kids, One step ahead. I am sure there will be many more in the next month or so. Yes, I do like browsing through the catalogs but I rarely ever buy anything from them. I really don't need them. I usually make my purchases on the website directly. I have turned to the Catalog Choice website for assistance. Once you register, all you will need is the information from the back of the catalog and they will do the rest. Did I mention this is a free service? Simple as that! I entered some in on Sunday and I can check the status on my page. None of the catalogs have been confirmed for cancellation yet but hopefully in the next week or so I will be taken off the list.

I am guilty of receiving a host of magazines in the mail. I can't do without my People, Parents, Redbook and my all time favorite Southern Living. After I read the magazines I take them up to a hospital, who usually loves having these donated, so that others can read them. It makes me feel a little better knowing that they are getting read a few times.

No comments: