Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Explorations

What do you know, if you ignore your supposed to be napping crying toddler, he may just go to sleep. And that he did. Most days I don't mind if he doesn't nap. No nap days means an early to bed night which gives me a break at night. Of course, dealing with the night time whininess is sometimes unbearable.

Tee loves having a bath at night and he also likes to play in the tub. After he is bathed, I let him play for a little while alone. Now don't get all over me because I stay upstairs and constantly check on him. I use this time to fold laundry or clean up the mess that seems to overtake my house on a daily basis.

One night, Tee was calling me because he said he had to go poopy. I thought it was unusual because he seems to be fairly regular and doesn't typically go at night. The second night was a repeat of the first. The third night my husband bathed and watched Tee in the bath. Tee ended up pooping a little in the bath which again is very odd for him. I finally figured it out by the fourth night when I bathed him. As I was bathing him, he was exploring one of his many orifices on the southern part of his body. That was a fun explanation of why we don't put our finger there. He actually repeats the conversation for me a couple of times a day when he is sitting on the potty. At least he listens.

No comments: