Monday, January 4, 2010

Not the best way to start the new year

It figures that on one of the coldest days up here that our heat would go out on the second level. Our bedrooms are on the second level. I figured it out about 1 pm this afternoon and by the time I called a company they were booked for the day. They will come out tomorrow from 8-5. That is not a typo. I have an entire day window. They will call me prior to coming out and give me time to get home to meet them.

We are very fortunate that we have a gas fireplace in our bedroom. We will keep that on to ensure we all stay warm.

I hope this problem is a small one that can be fixed quickly.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no !!! Can you sleep somewhere else? Kitchen? I feel for you. Ahlem

Trish said...

We have a gas fireplace in our bedroom. We turned that on along with the fireplace on the main level. It warmed up the upstairs nicely.

We turned the downstairs fireplace off last night but kept the one in our room on most of the night. The boys did not complain about being cold. We left all of their doors open.


The kitchen as an alternative sleeping place......funny.