Sunday, January 3, 2010

A long drive to the musuem

My friend has been wanting to see the Princess Di exhibit since about November. She had plans to go several times but something always foiled the plans. If you are like me I did not know that there was such an exhibit yet alone in Philadelphia.

We drove early Saturday morning. The drive is 2 hours long. We were able to get our tickets and get in line to walk through the exhibit fairly quickly. We heard from the security guard that the exhibit has been packed every day. I think they will be happy that today is the last day.

It was an interesting exhibit. There were many items from her youth. The most amazing part of the exhibit was her wedding dress and many other dresses she wore throughout the years. The dresses definitely got prettier as the years went by. The wedding dress was a very simple dress and it cost $1,900 us dollars.

A big part of her life was the organizations she worked with. I believe there were 6 organizations. Amazing how she was so involved.

I came away thinking that she was a very simple person with a huge heart and taken too early. I am glad that I was able to see the exhibit even though it was not on my "bucket" list of to dos.

No comments: