Sunday, January 10, 2010

New Year - clean closets

I am not making any new years resolutions this year really. I feel like when you make them you rarely stick to them so why bother.


Every year I do kick into high gear and get organized and this year has been no different. I still have some work to do but I feel so good that my closets, every. single. one. of. them. has been cleaned out.


It started Christmas day, when I went up to my room and went through every article of clothing I own. I decided if I had not worn it within the last 2 years then I didn't need it. I had about 4 bags of clothes and another large bag of trash when I was done. It took a few days but my husband finally got the bug and he did the same clean out. I can't tell you how wonderful it feels to be rid of all the stuff we have held onto for so long.

The boys' closet needed a good clean out as well. I have been telling my husband for some time that the boys' closets are not functional. I knew what I wanted but didn't see anything that was reasonably priced. My husband saw an ad in the large home improvement store ad and it was exactly what I wanted for fairly inexpensive.


Their closets are fairly long. There was one shelf on the top and one bar. I tend to hang all of their shirts to make it easier for them to see while they choose. Otherwise, they would have them all messed up in their drawer every morning.

So my husband started one Saturday morning. It took him a lot longer that he expected. There was a lot of cutting (the shelf), repairing and painting. He is incredibly handy to have around the house. The next day he tackled the other closet and it didn't take him as long since he had a few short cuts.

I absolutely love them. I can now hang up all their shirts and their long sleeve shirts are within reach. I also have 6 shelves to place some of their "stuff" in. See for yourself.


And as you can see by the full laundry bag I guess I better get started.

No comments: