Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Not ready for that

Before the Christmas break, Jay got an invitation to a friend's birthday party in January. The party is a sleep over at the boy's house. The father was very kind and invited EE as well.

Jay was excited about the invitation but I made it very clear that his father and I would have to discuss the slumber part of the party. I really had determined that the answer would be no sleep over but felt like my husband should feel the same way.

At the time, I suggested that maybe he would go over for a little while and then we could pick him up late. I think he was a little disappointed at first but over the following weeks I think he changed his mind about wanting to stay the night.

Jay isn't the best sleeper to begin with. He wakes up almost every night in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. He is normally the first one up sometimes around 5 am. Some days it is obvious that he is tired.

EE decided he doesn't want to go to the party but will not give me any reason as to why he doesn't want to go. It seems like a battle of my friend or your friend these days.

I called the Dad this past week and asked him if it was ok if Jay attended the party but we pick him up around 9pm. I explained how we were not ready for him to spend the night out just yet. He understood completely and said there was someone else attending whose parents were doing the same thing. I never said anything about EE but made sure to emphasize that Jay was very excited about the party.

I hope it turns out ok.

No comments: