Friday, January 8, 2010

Better late

It snowed during the night last night. We woke up to the beautiful soft snow. We probably got 2 to 3 inches. Nothing like the 2 feet we got before Christmas.

The first thing I did was turn on the tv to figure out the school status. In luck, we would only have a 2 hour delay. Right now we have to make up 3 snow days and I am hoping we can hold steady.

The boys got to hang out until 10:30. I shoveled the driveway, which is normally done by my husband. We don't get much sun on our side of the street so our snow does not melt so quickly.

So yes I am glad they at least went in late vs. not at all. It is like my sister-in-laws birthday card. It did not go out on time but certainly she would appreciate it any time right? I wouldn't ever send it a month late or anything like that because at that point I would just keep the card until next year.

So I want to wish my sister-in-law a very happy birthday! I hope those boys make the day very special for you. And this message will be on time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you Trish ! So far I am swimming in sugar bliss. I had a mocha coffee and a chocolate croissant from Panera. And I am still in my pyjamas. It is Brrr cold here. I think 42 degrees. Don't worry about the card. I will enjoy it when it gets here :) Ahlem