Monday, January 25, 2010

Another Birthday

I am not the type of person that likes to be the center of attention. I would much rather hide out and let others shine through. A lot of times I feel that way about my birthday. But I am getting better with celebrating my special day.

The day got off to a shaky start. Jay had gotten in trouble on Friday night. He thought he was losing the game we were playing and got an attitude. After many warnings, he was sent to his room for the night by his Dad. Did you get the "by his Dad" part. Fast forward to the morning and I got a birthday card from him in which he ripped and put black crayon all over. Lovely!

As I was opening my gifts, Jay had another attitude going so I sent him back to his room. Really all I wanted for my birthday was for the boys to get along. Some days are so tiring dealing with all of the bickering that goes on. The boys ended up being fine most of the day especially when I told them that they had to go to their Dad for everything.

My gifts were very nice. I got snow boots, snow pants, waterproof gloves, undergarments and socks. Do you see the theme here? Why would I need all this stuff? We are going skiing this weekend and my husband felt like I needed to be prepared. Prepared I am. I am not sure I will ski but we are going tubing. And yes honey I love my very thoughtful gifts.

In the evening, we went with our neighbors to my favorite restaurant. I was so looking forward to the meal all week. It was fabulous. After dinner, we came home and had cake from one of my favorite places. I wasn't a huge fan of the red velvet cake but it is the thought that counts.

No comments: