Thursday, January 22, 2009

You can't make me watch it

I am probably one of a small group of people who did not watch much of the inauguration activities Tuesday. In fact, I was a bit peeved that as I got on the treadmill at the gym my only viewing choice was inauguration news. School was delayed one hour due to icy roads so I was unable to make my workout class. It makes me wonder why each and every station has to start their reports many hours before the actual swearing in. I can't tell you how many times I had to see the same footage over and over in the one hour I was exercising. Or how I had to listen to the newcasters make the dumbest comments.

I know someone in my neighborhood who made the trip down to be among the million plus people to witness the event. She said it was amazing. Me, I prefer to stay away from crowds as much as possible.

Once the inauguration ball came around I was zonked out in bed. I did hear the many reports of the dress that Michelle O. wore. I finally did a search on it today and say I have to agree with the reports of how absolutely hideous it was. I have a friend who I quote said this about the dress "wonder why Michelle O. let the designers dress her like a very poorly designed wedding cake?" How well said is that especially since she is always dressed so fashionably.

No comments: