Friday, January 16, 2009

Baby it's cold outside

It is so true to that song today. When we woke up this morning it was 9 degrees outside but with the wind chill it felt like 1 degree. I knew it would not be possible for the baby and I to walk the boys to the bus stop this morning. We waited for the bus to pass by and then I had the boys run to the bus stop. I know I will probably hear a little complaining when they get home as they like to be the first ones on the bus NOT the last. We are expecting frigid temperatures for the remainder of the weekend and into next week.

Yesterday the older boys had a play date with someone in the neighborhood. This boy was one of the first friend the boys had over. We had just moved into the house and his father asked if the boys could play. Since I did not know them well, I suggested they play here and he glad accepted. When he got here and started whining and not wanting to do anything I had a complete meltdown. Mostly I was just missing NC and all our friends there. The boy has come a long way in just the last year. So I take the boys over and decide to stay so that I can talk with the Mom. We had a grand time catching up. When it was time to leave my boys come up from the basement complaining they didn't have an opportunity to play WII. Basically, the boys played on his own the entire time, one hour. I can't believe they didn't say anything sooner. I hope the Mom has a talk with her son. My boys will not want to play with him in the future if he can't play with them.

The baby had a play date this past week also. I am going to try to make more of an effort to get him around kids his own age. I had a lady in the neighborhood and her 2 year old boy over as well as a friend that I met through the Mothers of Multiples group up here and her 2 year old twins girls. It was a great time and we are planning on getting together again next week.

No comments: