Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Years Resolutions

When we had friends over for our New Years party, us girls talked a little about resolutions. I have one friend who has several very specific wants on her list, including running a 10 miler next year. She has them posted on her fridge so that they will be in her sight everyday. I have another friend who was going to start her diet on Monday, which I found out was ruined when she took a bite out of her first cookie at 9am.


This got me thinking because I have not really made any specific resolutions for this year. I try to make decisions based on what is going on in our life when it goes on. I don't feel so inundated when the new year rolls around to get 5 items on a list to keep up with for the year. A few months ago when the economy took a nose dive, I decided it was time for us to cut back our spending, know exactly what we are spending money on and stick to buying basic necessities. With the exception of Christmas, I think we have done well with our spending. Before the holidays started, I decided I would ramp up my exercise routine as to not put any weight on during the holiday. I have also decided that we will start eating better (of course, we did indulge a bit during the holidays). Just maybe I will actually be able to take off these 10 pounds that has been lingering around for the last 2 years.

At the beginning of every year I do feel a need to de-clutter and clean out. I get files cleaned out, drawers straightened, the boys' closets organized and anything else cleaned that may look like it needs some attention. It is such a fresh way to start the new year....even it if only last for 30 days or so.

No comments: