Thursday, January 1, 2009

Party time

For future reference, getting woken up by your baby (and only having 5 hours of sleep) and then baby goes on to play with noisy toys does not make for happy parents. I am sure this will be the longest day ever.

My husband was born on December 31st. Can you imagine how excited his CPA father was? Got to get that tax deduction. And can you imagine what his Mom felt like when she had to leave the party she was hosting? Yeah, not the most ideal day to have a birthday in my opinion. He is unfazed by having a birthday near Christmas and on New Year's eve. So it is what it is and I have gotten better at making it special.

We hosted a party yesterday inviting 4 other families. It was a fun filled evening of drinks, dinner and dessert of course. I found this bakery that makes the best cakes ever. I wished I would have gotten a picture of the cake as it was beautiful.

There were 12 kids here and they were given several lectures about behavior ( biting, kicking, pushing, licking, touching, looking at each other the wrong way etc) that was not permitted. We only had 1 tattle tale incident which was quickly taken care of by my neighbor.

Everyone left by 11:30 and I was able to clean up the kitchen a bit before retiring for the evening. The husband and I made it past midnight!!

Hoping my husband had a great birthday! And wishing everyone a very happy new year!

No comments: