Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The weekend

We had a nice long weekend. My weekend started on Saturday with me getting my very first mammogram. I should have had one about 5 years ago but I procrastinated. I have heard many differing views about mammograms, from it is really not that bad to it is not really that comfortable. I would have to agree with the later. It is hard to get your boob up on the machine when you are not so well endowed, actually very flat. The tech tried her hardest to get all she could on the machine (by pulling and tugging) and then the top part of the machine squeezes down and then just when it hurts she loosens the machine so that it comes down more. The best news is that I may have to go back in for another one. The tech said since this is the my first mammo. they may see dense areas that need further investigation. I can't wait! In all honesty, I think that mammograms are so important for early detection of breast cancer.

The most exciting part of the weekend was the snow that fell on Monday. It started early Monday and continued for most of the day. We were not able to build a snowman but we were
able to have a snow ball fight.
As I was tucking Jay into bed last night, he says "Mom can we as a family play spin the bottle?". Imagine my confusion, especially when he said his Dad told him about the game. Well, spin the bottle was a game that the character Arthur was playing in the book they read last night and the husband explained what the game was about. No worries we won't be playing any incestuous games in this house.

No comments: