Thursday, January 8, 2009

A few funnies

My husband likes to read. A few months ago he finished the Harry Potter series. He really enjoyed reading them. We will save the books for when the boys get older as I have no interest in reading them. The books I read have to be filled with trashy romance kind of things. I keep thinking one day I will start reading books but for now I will stick with my magazines. Anyway, I saw that J K Rowlings had a new book out. So I purchased "The Tales of Beedle the Bard" for my husband for his birthday. I really didn't think to look at the summary on the back. I thought for sure he would like it given what I had said above. So he started reading it the other day and tells me last night that the book has short stories that are for children. I could not help but laugh. One day hopefully the boys will pick it up to read.

*************************************************************************************
The baby went as he says "poop" on the potty the other day. He really just peed...but he thinks every time you go to the bathroom it is "poop". We all were very proud of him and cheered him on. The funny part about this is when he does start to pee, he stands up on his feet and pees. He won't just sit on the potty. Yesterday he even stood facing his small little potty and peed. He missed of course but it was very cute (not so cute when the others miss). Need I say anymore about living in a house full of males?

*************************************************************************************

In other (not so funny) news, the baby is still sick. It seems like he has not been able to overcome his wheezing, coughing thing he has had going on since around Thanksgiving. I have kept him on his nebulizer treatments but they have not really helped much. We had a 2 hour marathon Dr. appointment today. The Dr. said he was so congested that she could not tell if he was wheezing (which is probably why I have not been able to hear him wheezing). So we did a breathing treatment in the office and she was able to hear him wheeze. We did another treatment with a stronger medication to really clear his lungs out. Hopefully, in two weeks we can have him well again. Oh and he also has an ear infection.

No comments: