Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Update re: noncommittal

I can't believe I forgot to let you know how the noncommittal situation ended up from the birthday party invite. On Friday, I still had not heard from her so my assumption was that they would not come. I was fine with that. I wanted this to be rather small and casual so I didn't want too many people here. I was very close to inviting another family we have met from basketball. They have a 5 year old and a 2 year old. The 2 year old loved to play with Tee while we watched the games. I ended up deciding not too, again I just wanted a casual night.

On Saturday morning as I was preparing for the night, I get a call. You guessed it, noncommittal lady. She proceeded to make a few excuses as to why she didn't call until that morning. She said her husband and kids would like to join us for the party. He came about 45 minutes late and had someone else make up his kids' dinner plates.

I can't tell you how annoyed this makes me. I guess you can probably sense it since I am writing about it. I can tell you that they will not always make my list.....at least not in the near future.

No comments: