Thursday, March 26, 2009

It's not that bad......

"It's not that bad....it could be worse" is the saying I keep playing over in my head. Of course, last night I was saying how much our situation sucked....all night. The shower situation is going to be much more costly and timely than we anticipated. And yes that really sucks but we will make it through.

I spoke with a neighbor yesterday who had a similar situation (most of our neighbors who have the same house builder have had the same situation probably to varying degrees). We will have someone come do a full analysis on our mold including a protocol on how to get rid of the mold. Once all that is done we will then have to have a remediation company come in to properly gut the shower and get rid of all the mold. The Environmental people will come back in at this point and ensure that it all has been removed. Then we will have to have the shower reinstalled, correctly this time around. Not sure what we will do as the same tile is in our shower, floors and on the decking to the tub. We will have to wait until we get estimates on what the shower will cost and then determine what to do about the rest of the bathroom.

I spoke with the Mold guy yesterday and he got me frightened. He said if it was still wet in the shower then the mold spores are being released out into the air in our house. This could cause us some health issues. He advised that we close the vents in the bathroom and cover them with painter's tape and to close the door and put the tape around the door seam. We moved all of our essentials out. Luckily, we have the boys' bathroom and a full bathroom in the basement. It is just not convenient. The mold guy will be here tomorrow morning.

************************************************************************************
I really had to convince myself to go to the gym this morning. I was not motivated but decided since I had eaten so much Banana Chocolate Chip bread I should do something. The bread was delivered sometime yesterday by the church we visited(I never heard them knocking, I must have been in the basement). The bread is absolutely delicious! I get to the child drop area only to be told they can't take any additional children because they have had 2 people call in sick. They were at their max ratio of children to staff. I guess that was my excuse to not work out
today.

Someone told me about a W*lmart super center around this area. So Tee and I went up there and I decided I will need to start shopping there from time to time. Their prices on some of my weekly staples beat my grocery store out of the water.

No comments: