Monday, March 16, 2009

A dreary weekend

It was a really dreary weekend here for the most part. Not nice enough to play outside that is for sure. It drizzled for a lot of the day yesterday. We did the normal weekend activities....like run errands.

My husband is encouraging my quest to save us money on groceries. I feel like it is important to have an organized pantry so at a quick glance you know what you have. Our pantry is very small. It is rather deep and I have about 6 shelves. I also have to use our lazy daisy for some of my groceries. This weekend my husband installed a wire unit that sits on the side wall and has about 8 small shelves with different heights. I have moved some of the food onto the wire unit and it has left me more room on the shelves. I also bought this stand that sits inside the pantry door to hold chips. It looks very organized!

We made our stop to BJ's this past weekend. I was able to stock up on cereal and some other items. Cereal is a staple in this household. I think that BJ's and Costco will be comparable, however BJ's accepts coupons. And BJ's will accept their store coupon and a manufacturer coupon for the same item. I think in the long run this will save more money. Although, Costco does at times send out good coupons. I will more than likely shop where I have coupons for in the future.

We made it to church this weekend. I still struggle every time I go there. It is so close and convenient that I am afraid we will settle. Settling in my opinion means that we won't feel like we want to or have to go every weekend. I have a few concerns, some important and others not soo important. The very first part of the ceremony involves standing up and greeting people in the church. I didn't like this in the Catholic church but at least that was more share a handshake with someone standing near you. People are all over greeting everyone. It makes me uncomfortable plus I really don't' want to shake so many people's hands. I struggle with the curriculum for the kid's Sunday school. I am not positive they follow a curriculum. Yesterday the boys said they watched a little bit of Willy Wonka and the Chocolate factory. We are still puzzled on how that can relate to the Bible. Tee will be in the nursery until he is 3 because there are not enough small ones to start Sunday school. They do have a lot of children's activities and they do a lot in the community. There is another Methodist church a little further away that I want to try. But we may have try other denominations.

We were very happy to see my niece again who was up here for a alumni function at her college. Tee immediately was very connected to her. She must go home today and now we are all sad once again.

No comments: