Sunday, August 3, 2008

Vacation photos


Here we are in front of the villa we rented.


At the park. One of the few pictures where the baby is actually smiling and not running away.


At the park.


At the beach.

We had a great beach trip even with the baby's sleep issues. He had an ok night last night, woke up once but he went back to sleep on his own in a relatively short period of time. We hope by our next trip (I can tell you I am not ready to travel anywhere for the time being) he will be a little older and a better sleeper.

I have asked the boys to tell me their favorite part of the vacation and I have gotten the same response each time. "I liked everything!" They really did enjoy the beach and the many activities they did: tennis, hitting golf balls, fishing, swimming in the pool, playing at the park, going out for ice cream and riding bikes everywhere.

My favorite part was that we are together as a family for a straight week. Unfortunately for me, vacation doesn't mean no cooking, cleaning, laundry and other day to day activities. But vacation does mean that the husband helps in all of the chores. It is nice that the kids get extra special time with Dad.

We were intrigued by the games people play on the beach. One game is called beach golf bowl, click on the link to check it out. We saw a few version of that game. We also saw ladder golf, which the husband would like to get for our backyard. I think we will be a little more prepared for games next year as the boys will probably need a little more to keep them busy.

The drive home was very long as I implied in my post yesterday. We caught traffic in Virginia and it stayed congested just about the rest of the way home. I saw some real idiots on the road yesterday. One man was done with his soda can so he threw it out his window. We were on a highway going 65 miles per hour and he really thinks it is a good idea to toss his beverage. I so wanted to roll down my window and let him know how I felt but couldn't’t because I had kids in the car. The second person I saw was driving down the road, flying no less, talking on the phone, drinking a soda and driving with her legs. That is what I call talent.

You can view all our pictures by clicking on the picture over on the right under the Hilton Head title.

No comments: