Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Should I feel Guilty?

I feel extremely guilty about that fact that I am happy that school starts next week. I have spoken to several other Moms who are all sad that summer is ending and that their kids will be back in school. Are you kidding me? I have gotten to the point where I can not stand the bickering that goes on daily between EE and Jay.

Some days I would just love to turn on the TV and let them sit there all day. They would be occupied (read: out of my hair) and off of each other's backs. But I don't let the boys watch TV. Although, they do get to play WII but I limit the time and it is not everyday. They do get to watch some occasionally but the TV is not on everyday. It is hard to believe because their first year of life I put them in front (strapped in their bouncy chairs) of Baby Einstein videos, 2 times a day. This was really the only break I got from the two of them. I loved this time of day. Yes, I had read the many articles stating how bad it is to let your children under the age of 2 watch TV. The TV sucks the imagination right out of their head. I didn't let that deter me one bit. Once they were able to play on their own the TV went away. For now, I will let them watch movies or a show from time to time. Their favorite shows are Hannah Montana and The Suite Life of Zack and Cody. Luckily, the boys do not need the TV to keep them entertained. They can typically find something to do on their own (especially bicker with each other): work on crafts, read a book or play outside. The baby is not interested in the TV. NOTE: I do not judge other because families work differently.

Well, just a few more days and we will have to start back on a routine ready or not. I look forward to getting the household harmony back.

No comments: