Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Lemonade anyone

Last night I attended a Mothers of Multiples meeting with a friend. As I suspected, it was very cliquey. I joined the group when we moved here mainly for the resources the group provides. I have sold many things to members and the members have provided me a lot of references. I am not sure that I will go to another meeting but you never know.

******************************************************

The boys have been begging asking me to do a Lemonade and bake sale with them. I asked the boys what they wanted to do with the money they made. Of course, they both said they wanted to go spend it on “things” at the store. I told them that the only way I would do the stand with them was if they donated the money to a specific cause. I got to thinking more and gave them the option of donating the money in honor of the boy next door who is battling Cancer. We will let you know how it works out.

*******************************************************

On Sunday, as I was leisurely going through the mail, I came upon a letter from our Homeowners Association. They have asked us to pressure wash the front of our home. The front of our home is mainly brick with a little bit of surface at the top. I was fuming when I read it and really wanted to let them know what they could do with the letter. We do all we can to keep our house looking nice. I think we will just borrow the neighbor’s pressure washer and see if it will come clean….otherwise it will just have to wait.

*******************************************************

The next project on the husband's list is to build the boys a sandbox. He is to start sometime this weekend.

No comments: