Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Toothless in Md

Last year when my boys started losing their teeth, I told them the story of how my Dad used to get our loose teeth to come out. I remember vividly that my Dad used to take a string and tie one end to our tooth and the other to the door knob (usually in the bathroom). Then he would SLAM the door shut so that the tooth would be pulled out of the socket. Would it not have been easier just to grab hold of the tooth and pull it out? The boys laughed when I told the story.

EE’s front tooth (the one that came out of the socket a few years ago after his brother threw a Hot Wheels car at him) got really loose over the last week. He had joked, or at least I thought, about getting the ribbon from the balloon and tying it to his tooth. Yesterday, when I was sitting in my office I hear the boys coming down the stairs talking loudly about something. I look and EE has his tooth in his hand and a bloody mouth. He went on to tell me that Jay tied the ribbon to the door knob and that EE put the other side in his mouth right underneath the loose tooth. Jay shut the door and voila the tooth came out.

I am happy to report that the tooth fairy did stop by to pick up EE's tooth and leave a dollar bill. For EE’s last tooth, the tooth fairy forgot to make the stop at our house. Imagine me at 6:30am trying to come up with a good enough reason on why the tooth fairy would have missed him.

EE right after his tooth came out on the phone telling his
Dad what just happened
******************************************************************

We spent the morning today getting school supplies. They are very specific in what they would like you to buy but they don’t always make it easy to find the supplies. I still have a few items to purchase but at least we purchased most of the them. My pockets feel very empty at this time.

No comments: