Saturday, August 9, 2008

An update

Thursday night ended up being a nice night out. We went to Downtown Baltimore and ate at this place called Rory's. It was a little fru fru for me but very nice. What I do I mean? The prices are high and the food is not so plentiful. The food I did have was very good. Instead of a glass of wine I opted for a Pineapple martini. I only had one because I was driving, yummy!

The two ladies I was with each had 3 martinis and had entrees while I got a salad and an appetizer (believe me it wasn't cheep). We also split an appetizer and dessert. When we got the bill ($200) I added up my portion and it was less than $50 and that included the full price for the appetizer and dessert. I told them I would pay $50 for my portion. I really felt that this was more than I owed. When I explained this to my husband he said I should have paid 1/3 of the bill. What? Really? Did I mention that they each had 3 martinis at $11 a pop. I feel like I did the right thing.


*****************************************************************************


LEMONADE AND BAKE SALE

We started baking on Friday. We made chocolate chip cookies, marscapone cheese cupcakes and toffee bars. The boys had a great time helping with the cookies and cupcakes. We ran out of time and I had to make the bars.






The boys set up around 11am and stayed out there until about 3pm. It was a very quiet day on our street. It just so happened that our neighbor had a paint crew at his house and they visited the boys a few times for drinks and dessert. The boys still managed to make about $25. This does not include the money that the husband's work is contributing for the chocolate pound cake I just made for them. They wanted to support the boys in their cause. As I mentioned the boys will donate the money to St. Judes Cancer Research.




The baby wanted a piece of the action. The boys set up near a tree so that they could have some shade.

No comments: