Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Change is not always easy

Change is definitely necessary but not always easy. We change seasons, hairstyles and sometimes friends. It is not always a smooth transition but it all usually works out in the end. I tend to have a hard time with change so I guess my boys should not be any different.

Now that school has started we are all trying to get used to our new routines. I never realized how much time EE and Jay spent with Tee. I think he misses his brothers when they are at school. He has all of the sudden become scared of everything. He is not wanting to go to the gym child watch area. He used to love playing there and would sometime ask me first thing in the morning if we were going to the gym. Today we took a walk with a friend in the park that neighbors our street. He held my hand the entire time we were walking. It was like he was afraid to be away from me. I do hope this is just a phase.

The boys have gotten a new bus driver. The neighborhood has had the same bus driver for many years. It came as a surprise to all of us when a different number came driving down the hill. The bus driver is an older very petite lady. All of the parents keep getting stories from their kids (all at different times) about how she drives in the grass or how she almost hit a car. Everyone says that she is mean....aren't all bus drivers supposed to be mean? It is a wild bunch that she has to drive. Luckily, the school is less than 10 minutes away. None the less, the parents are worried about the stories. I followed the bus driver half way to school this morning. She did fine, stayed in her lane and went slow. But we are still going to periodically follow her to see if she is consistent. It is possible that she will need to drive all our children home in rain, snow or sleet.

The boys have adjusted well to school. We have a 4 day week this week and next. This should help with the transition back to school. EE was very clingy (on me) the two weeks prior to school starting. He tends to have the hardest time with new things. We are fortunate that he got a really good teacher this year. I think it will also help that there are only 17 kids in his class.

The next transition for us will be Tee starting preschool. He will go 2 days a week for 2 1/2 hours. I am hoping he will do ok.

My change will come when I have to re-work my workout schedule. I won't be able to get him to preschool and make my class on T/Th. The preschool is in the opposite direction from any of the places I visit. I am sad about my class but I guess I will have to try another class.

I am sure just as we get settled into our routine something will pop up to ruffle our feathers. And once again we will adapt.

No comments: