Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tooth Tales

The tooth fairy has been a frequent visitor in our house for the last year plus. The new teeth coming in our so big and crooked that they are pushing the baby teeth out. After conversations with friends, it seems that our tooth fairy has been hit by the recession and only leaves $1 per tooth.

About a month ago, EE wrote a letter to the tooth fairy asking if she could please leave a $5 bill. When he woke up the next morning there was a $5 bill under his pillow. I wondered what would happen next time either he or his brother lost a tooth.

EE has had a loose tooth in his mouth and it finally came out on Monday. They were home with my niece at the time. When we got home he proudly showed us that his tooth came out. It wasn't until later in the day I found out he had written a letter to the tooth fairy that went like this (exactly as he wrote it):

"bear tooth fairy could you please give me a 20 dollar Bill and 15 pennies"

He did not tell me about the letter. My niece clued me in. I always ask to see where the boys put their tooth under their pillow at night. This night was no different. I saw the note and asked EE if I could read it.

The tooth fair responded:
"EE, Thank you for your note. I am sorry I could not bring you $20. I have so many children to see every night so I have to be fair to all of them. Keep up the good work and continue to work on your writing and spelling. TF"

The tooth fairy left a $1 bill and scattered 15 pennies on the floor from his bed to his door.

EE thought it was funny and was very excited to receive the letter back from the tooth fairy.

Today at breakfast, Jay tells EE that the TF know his name.

No comments: