Monday, August 31, 2009

The first day of second grade

Today was the start of the school year. My boys are going into 2nd grade. EE was a little anxious this morning. He really did not want to ride the school bus for some reason. I am not sure why even though I asked him repeatedly.

Tee was adamant about caring his back pack to the bus stop. He asked me if he could get on the bus. But he is now excited about starting pre-school in mid Sept.






The bus stop was a zoo this morning. Even though many of the kids moved up to middle school this year it seems like we have more kids than last.

After successfully shuttling the kids off to the bus, I came home and got ready for the back to school breakfast I hosted this year. My neighbor has hosted this event for the last 6 years. I think she needed a break this year.

I worked my tail off to get the house clean and ready the night before. I knew the morning rush out the door would be too much. I also asked everyone to bring something to share so that I did not have to prepare everything. It seems like the popular item was muffins or some kind of bread. These are all wrapped up for the husband to take into work tomorrow.

There were about 20 people here. It turned out to be a very nice morning. Tee was able to play with some new friends.

The last of the people did not leave until 1 o'clock. It was just a few of us talking.

I can't wait to hear how the first day went. Believe it or not I have missed the little guys today. I guess we will all be back in our routine soon enough.

No comments: