Thursday, September 10, 2009

Maybe I need to learn the word no

I like to be involved in the boys' school. I am trying to pace myself a little. When the boys are in 5th grade, Tee will just be starting Kindergarten. It will be the only year that they will be at the same school. Then I will have another 6 years there with Tee. So that is about another 9 years.

I wanted to take a role on the PTA this year so I volunteered for the membership committee. I thought this would be somewhat simple. Most of the membership work is at the beginning of the school year. Of course, there is always more involved than you think there is.

I was then asked by the President to help out on the family involvement committee. I agreed, I have a hard time saying no sometimes. One event has already come and gone and right now we only have one other event planned.

I can't stop there, I have signed up to be the room parent for both boys. I feel like if I do it for one then I should do it for the other. I am not sure if I will get "picked" to be the room parent for either class though.

I am helping out another committee by checking the push up books for the 2nd grade. No one stepped up to be the point person, so I am coordinating.

It is really not that bad but I am just very busy right now. So writing will be scarce and short for the time being.

No comments: