Friday, September 25, 2009

Preschool

Our first day of preschool was last Thursday. It was only for 1 1/2 hours to give the kids an opportunity transition away from Mom. Tee was very reluctant and told me repeatedly he did not want to go.


We got ready to go. Tee with his bag.

Tee was fairly quiet on the ride to preschool. There is a process for both drop off and pick up. In the mornings the kids can play on the playground equipment until the doors for the classroom open. Once the doors open you can walk your child in. I took him into his room and he was attached to my leg. With a really tight grip I might add. The teacher kindly peeled him off of me and I was able to leave. But I was able to take a few pictures before I left.


Tee was very unsure about being in class. He was reluctant to sit down at the table to play with play doh.

Eventually the teacher got him to sit down and he gave me that look. You know the one that says you really aren't going to leave me are you.

I did. And I went back 1 1/2 hours later to pick him up. For pick up, you stand outside the gated playground. The teachers walk kids out of the classroom 2 at a time. Tee was so happy to see me. On the ride home, he was all smiles telling me what he did that day.

Tee missed his second day of preschool. He had a bit of a runny nose and a cough. I thought it would be best to keep him home. I did start his nebulizer treatments again. I heard a little wheezing and I wanted to be safe.

I did send him on Thursday. He told me he did not want to go all morning long. We got there a little early for him to play on the playground. He would go play but then he would come back to me and hold on for a minute or two.

As soon as the doors opened I grabbed him and took him inside. Again the teacher was so kind to pull him off my leg. He was fine, meaning he was not crying when I left.

I went to pick up and one of the Moms that I knew from My Gym was there. She is having a hard time with her child not crying. She checked on hers during the day and said a lot of the kids were crying and Tee was one of the few who was not.

He was happy to see me when I picked him up. He didn't tell me what he did or sang but he said he had fun.

I get a paper each day that tells me the songs he sung, his snack and whether he went to the bathroom. They have not marked anything on the bathroom part. So I guess they get him to go during the day.

I am sure we will have the same conversation in the morning on Tuesday about not wanting to go to preschool, but I know he will have fun.

No comments: