Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A tweet about Twitter

I have heard a lot about Twitter. Some of the people who have blogs also have a twitter account and many times you are able to see their recent tweets. There are a lot of celebrities who twitter. So why is it that people want to detail many aspects of their life for others to see? And more importantly why would anyone want to follow someone on Twitter?

I have never been on twitter until recently. I have never had the desire to be on twitter. I have a hard enough time keeping up with my blog, facebook and the blogs of others I read. I could not imagine (nor would I want to) keeping a twitter account updated on my daily happenings. Honestly, it would probably put people to sleep.

Why would I have gone on Twitter? Well, I have been following a story of a little boy named Stellan with a congenital heart condition. This condition makes his heart beat dangerously fast. He was diagnosed in utero and the parents were told he would not make it. I think he is now 8 months old and is still struggling with his condition. You can read about him here. His Mom does such a nice job with her blog. Recently, Stellan was back in the hospital because of his condition. She posted the link to her Twitter account, as that is where she would be putting her updates. I wanted to know how Stellan was doing so I clicked and saved the link to her Twitter account. Thankfully, Stellan is now home and on medication. I am not sure what the short term plan is but I know that Drs. would like to wait until he is older for surgery.

As I read some of her tweets, I noticed that she had a few from the McGraws. That is right both Robin and Jay. You know I had to click on Robin's account. I saw a few of her posts. The ones I read were mostly about her walking in the mornings with a friend or going here or there. Really not so interesting.

I don't get the attraction to Twitter. Even after reading a few entries from people, I don't understand the how or why people twitter. I suppose it is really not for me to get, it is what it is and I don't have to have anything to do with it.

No comments: