Monday, August 24, 2009

Too ambitious, maybe, but rain does not make for a great outdoor party

I don't know why but my husband and I tend to think we can accomplish a million things in the matter of a few days. My husband had a week off and we had a long list of projects. We didn't account for the 2 days we would be away. We probably had 15 items on our ever growing list and we maybe completed 2.

It wasn't for a lack of trying that is for sure. We decided to change out our outdoor lights. My husband went to the home improvement store and picked some out. He pulled the first one out of the box and it was broken. He was ready to give up but I thought he should at least open one more. The second one was broken as well. They were returned.

Our outdoor furniture is in need of some major tlc. It is very faded. On Thursday my husband painted one of the chairs. He tried it with a brush first and then decided to get the sprayer out. The sprayer was much faster but we knew there was no way he would be able to get them all done by Saturday for our party.

The rest of our time was spent cleaning and getting ready for our party. The weather forecast was not promising. I always feel like the weather is not what they say it is going to be so I was a little hopeful.

Saturday morning brought us some rain but then we ended up with cloudy skies. As the party time approached I hoped people would arrive on time because it was clear that our outdoor time was going to end fairly soon. The kids were able to swim and jump in the bounce house for about 1 1/2 hours. The party then moved indoors, in the basement.

My most embarrassing moment was when Tee got out of the pool walked over to the grass and pulled his bathing suit down to go potty. I know we are a little redneck but I can't take that child inside every time he has to go while we are swimming. I am thinking it is good he doesn't do it in the pool. Luckily, only a few guests had arrived at that point.

The party ended up being fine just not the way we had planned it. And we still have a long list of to dos.

No comments: