Friday, August 14, 2009

Oh geez.....

Tee's door and lock opening skills have really improved over the last month. He now can open the few doors we have with round knobs. The other night when the doorbell rang he went up to the front door unlocked it and opened the door. EE and Jay are trained to NOT open the door unless I approve and am around the area.

This morning I decided to run on the treadmill down in the basement. As a precaution, I set the alarm. I didn't remember I set the alarm until I opened the door in the basement to go out to the pool later on in the morning. The alarm was so loud. I made a mad dash for upstairs darting around children who were scared to turn it off. As soon as I turned it off I went and got the phone. I received my call and spoke to the representative. He asked me my code which I honestly could not remember. I gave him what I thought it was. We said our goodbyes and that was that.

Or at least I thought that was that. The husband called me on my cell phone which I thought was weird. He questioned where I was and was surprised when I told him I was home. I explained that the situation and that I had already talked with the company. He had gotten a call stating the police where going to be dispatched to our house.

Sure enough 15 minutes after the alarm went off I had an office standing at my front door. Then I started thinking isn't 15 minutes a bit of a delay if someone was really breaking into my house? Did he know that it was a false alarm and decided he didn't really need to hurry? I guess the alarm had been shut off which would not have been the case if someone was breaking in. Certainly makes me think about our safety a little.

No comments: