Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Hopefully an hour or so of quiet

The older boys are at a birthday party a few houses down and I put Tee down for a nap a little while ago. He has skipped his nap 3 out of the last 4 days and I am hoping he has a little shut eye today. When he doesn't nap it means that I have to hurry through dinner and clean up to get him bathed and in bed no later that 7:30(preferably by 7:15). It is a definite trade off between napping and early bedtime. I am not ready for him to give up his nap just yet. I still hear him talking upstairs. I guess I better move on.

This past weekend was a hot and humid one. We spent the day in the pool on Sunday. This was for sure the only way we managed to stay cool. We often ask ourselves what we would be doing without the pool in the back yard. It is a good way for the kids to expend some of their energy and they have fun doing it.

My niece finally received a job offer yesterday and believe it or not started today. We were all very excited for her. She literally has been looking since January both here and Flroida. It is an admin support position. She will have benefits plus vacation and a few sick days. This is what she needed. I am going to miss having her around during the day, but I am glad she found a job.

One of the nice things about having my niece around is that the husband and I can go out every once in a while without having to pay a sitter. The sitter I have bee using is not cheap. A few Sundays ago we went out with our neighbors to a restaurant that we had not been to before. They sat us in eye shot of a board that had a wine listing but no prices. I saw one that caught my eye so I ordered a glass. The restaurant was primarily seafood which I don't eat much of. I ended up getting a salad and a shrimp appetizer. And I also got another glass of wine. Imagine my surprise when we got the bill and noticed that each glass of wine was $15. The wine was more expensive than my meal. I am positive we will not be going back to that restaurant again.

I am in the midst of planning a party for my husband's work people and their families. We are doing a pool/moon bounce party. I am struggling with the fact that many of these work people don't have children and what will they do here. I guess we will have to see what the RSVP is like.

Well, today will be one of the no nap days. I have him watching the Little Einsteins and must get a few things done before I have to focus my attention back to him.

No comments: