Thursday, July 2, 2009

A few notes of our travel

When on a rode trip I am not one who likes to stop often. And when we do make a stop it is a quick, get food or gas, use the restroom and be on our way. My goal is to get to our destination as soon as we can. On occasion one of the boys will have to use the bathroom at a point where we are not ready to stop. This is when my empty water bottle comes into play. The child with the weak bladder will stand up in the car and pee in a bottle. This worked well on our trip home when Jay had to use the bathroom two times while we were driving through traffic.

***********************************************************************************
We managed to have no incidents during our trip except on the very last evening. Everyone had left and we were picking up when we noticed it. The glass coffee table had a large crack going through it. I came to realize that Tee had picked up my glass and when he put it down rather hard it must have cracked the glass. It made me think about why you would even have a glass coffee table in a rental. It doesn't seem like a good idea to me at all. There was also a glass dining table. Other than a bunch of fingerprints and food smeared all over it, it was ok by the end of the week.


Here is the crack. We took a picture to have for our records. We have yet to hear from the property manager. We called him that evening and he said he would be back in touch with us. I finally emailed him today and got a response. The double beveled glass is too expensive to replace. I believe they have decided to replace the coffee table with one from a second hand furniture store. He will be back in touch. I am hoping it won't cost us more than $100 but my husband thinks it will be more. Ugh!

No comments: