Thursday, July 23, 2009

We both almost messed this one up!

It seems like I have less time now than I did when the kids were in school. I have been working on some house projects but those seem to be going slower than planned. But I guess any progress is good.

The boys have been in baseball camp this week. It is for 3 hours a day and it is at a park that is close to the house. They have had a good time especially because they know some kids.

Now to the real story of how we messed up but got it together in the end. Jay has been working on his tooth for the last week or so. His two front teeth are coming in so crooked and I think they have pushed the teeth next to them out. Last night right before dinner, Jay asked me to pull his tooth out which I did and then handed to him.

Let me stop for a moment and explain last night. We got home around 6:45 from tennis. I thought we would be home sooner so I did not give my niece instruction on all dinner preparations. I came home and it was a mad dash to get it all ready. In the midst of all this is when Jay asked me to pull his tooth. Yes, I am trying to make excuses.

As we finished dinner I was picking all of the crumbs off the table cloth as we sat around the table talking. The boys had been finished for a while. I distinctly remember picking up something hard and putting it on my plate. Never crossed my mind that it was Jay's tooth.

We had started to clean up and Jay runs to the table to get his tooth. As he is running over there I knew what I had done. My solution was to write a nice note to the tooth fairy. We put it under his pillow before he went to sleep. One problem solved.

I ended up going to bed before my husband. I remembered as I was brushing my teeth that I had not taken care of Jay. I called down to my husband and reminded him to take care of it. He said ok. I thought I would hear him come to bed and make sure he really took care of it, but my head hit the pillow and I was out.

At 3am this morning, Jay comes into my room complaining of his nose running. I think he was a little stuffy. I ended up putting saline drops in and that seemed to satisfy him. He had mentioned that the tooth fairy had not visited him yet. I told him he needed to go back to sleep so that she could visit.

As I laid back in bed, I asked my husband if he had taken care of it....I knew the answer but I wanted to know how to rectify. When my husband got up this morning at 5am I heard him do what he needed to do. Jay ended up needing help to find his reward and he was happy in the end. When do you stop losing teeth?

No comments: