Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The fun days of summer

We have not done much this week. I purchased workbooks (math and reading) for the boys and they have been working on those. We have been in the pool a lot this week. Each afternoon we have been outside. They swim a little, they play out of the pool a little and then go back to swimming a little. Tee loves to swim in the pool.

Today we took a walk (with Tee's buddy and his Mom) into the wooded area (a park) around our neighborhood. I guess you could call it a mini-hike. We walked to a little stream. The older boys found a salamander. The younger boys picked up rocks and threw them into the water. By the end of our visit Jay and EE had fallen in and gotten wet. Tee got a little wet as well. It was a nice morning walk.

Jay and Ee started tennis lessons last week. They have a practice during the week (Wednesday afternoons) and then practice on Saturday morning. A friend's Mom is the coach and their friend is in the class. They have done well and are enjoying something different for the time being. Tee would also like to play tennis. It is a must to bring his racket with us.

An update on potty training. I remember way back when I trained the twins, every time I mentioned they were doing well we would have an accident or two. It seems to be the case this time as well. Tee is still doing well but not always telling me when he has to go. He can and does hold it in for a long time. Yesterday after swimming he had 2 accidents (an accident is defined as me having to clean pee up off the floor). He probably drank too much pool water.

After dinner last night, I went down to clean up the pool area. It was probably 7:45. My neighbors down the street (green lady and her husband) came over and wanted to talk to me about our pool. I have heard that they have been talking about getting a pool for years now. I tried to answer as many of their questions as I could, but I am new to this pool stuff. I had to listen to him tell me that our pool was going to get damaged because we are on a salt water system and that the company who put our pool is was not a good one etc. Really people....it is late and I need to get my family ready for bed. But it went on until it was interrupted by Jay telling me that Tee had pooped in the tree house. Yuk! It was all over him and the slide and in the tree house. I had to hose him down and poor Diego ended up in the trash. In Tee's defense I think that pool water tends to loosen the stool. I do think he is doing well. He has no problem sitting on the potty when I ask. I will continue to tote around the potty for as long as I need to.

No comments: