Thursday, July 9, 2009

Home improvements for sure

It was definitely worth the wait. The bathroom is finally done and we absolutely love the way it turned out. It was nice to have remodeled a bathroom prior to this one. It is very similar to the one we did in NC. Here are a few pictures of the old:





As you can see in the picture on the right, the mold was behind that entire area.

We has a really long counter, 120 inches to be exact. The vanity section was never used.

Here are some pictures of the new:


We added a lined closet and many more drawers. I don't like wasted space.


We increased the size of the shower and we put in 2 shower heads. It makes it very nice for 2 people to be able to shower at the same time. No changes were made to the tub. It is a huge tub and if anything I would have downsized it. But it works just fine (I have never used it) so it stayed put.


We made a few changes in our kitchen as well. I guess my husband was tired of my complaining about the refrigerator and dishwasher.


The water dispenser area on the fridge was really rusted. There was a shelf in the freezer that when pulled out would come all the way out. I never liked the dishwasher. Every time I closed the bottom shelf the dishes would move all around. The water pressure would send my small kids cups flying all over leaving them full of water on their side.

So we got these to replace:


I love them both. It makes the kitchen look so much different. I am still getting used to the bottom drawer freezer but so far it has been good. I also got a new drop in gas stove top that will be installed tomorrow. My husband wanted to try to install but I nixed that after talking to the plumber working in my bathroom. Whenever gas is involved you need to be really careful.



No comments: