Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Vacation has come and gone

I am feeling the "I need a vacation from my vacation" in a bad way. We had a great time with my family and the boys had a blast with their cousins. I was glad that the older kids played with my boys and were so good with them. There wasn't much down time during the week.


Our drive home took us 11 hours which is 2 hours longer than the drive down. The DC metro area traffic just sucks. We need to try to figure out a way around the traffic or to travel at a different time. We were all glad to get home finally.




There are so many trails around he resort that we always rent bikes. It is a lot of fun for the boys to ride around. Tee love riding with his Dad on the bike. That boy is fearless.




Tee loved swimming in the ocean and jumping the really big waves. Again fearless! Jay and EE loved the boggie boards we brought with us. It did take a lot of coaxing to get EE in the water, but once we did he did not want to stop.

There is a big park near the lighthouse area the kids like to play at. This is a tree that they climb every year. Either our boys are getting bigger or the tree is shrinking.

Mima and Popi with my boys.


The family at the Harbour.



The sun setting.



We got a quick game of Putt Putt in.

The husband took my Dad and the older boys to the top of the lighthouse.
The most unpleasant thing we had to deal with for most of the week was the Spartina grass that washed up on the beach. I am not sure why it is called grass as it looks and feels more like a stick. We heard that whenever there is a full moon the grass flows from the marsh up onto the ocean. The grass helps with the beach erosion. Some of the grass will be washed back into the ocean and some will remain on the beach. The grass will eventually dissolve into the sand. We spent a good few days with the grass in the water. It was really very gross. And they really hurt your feet when you walked on them.


It was a very nice week at our favorite beach. I asked my husband on the way down if he thinks we should find a closer vacation beach spot. His response was yes. I asked again while we were on vacation and his response was that we couldn't imagine going anywhere else. So next year we will get geared up again to make the haul down to our beach spot.

No comments: